Amazon Contextual Product Ads

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome to my Active Directory and Exchange Powershell Scripting blog

Over the years I have accumulated quite a few scripts revolving around the administration of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange. These scripts have saved me countless hours and headaches when dealing with what could be mundane and tedious tasks. I will try to post a new one at least weekly, perhaps more often as time permits. If you have specific questions regarding scripts you would like to see, just let me know and I'll see what I've got. If I don't have one that does what you are looking for, time permitting, I will see if I can put one together for you.

If it had not been for the many scripters over the years who have made their scripts freely available, I probably would not have learned as much as I have regarding scripting, and so, I am passing the lessons learned on to you.

Most, if not all, of these scripts will have to be run in one of the following PowerShell modules: the Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell or the Exchange Management Shell, depending on which technology we are scripting. Also, most of these scripts will be for PowerShell v1.0 until I actually start working with 2.0.

The format of my posts will be a little different than most scripting sites. Basically, I will give a brief description of why I wrote the script and then without too much fluff, I will post the script with comments inlaid so that when you copy and paste the script, the description of the various parts of the script will go with you. That way you can easily find what does what and make adjustments as your environment or needs require.

If my scripts seem longer than necessary, that is by design. One liners are great, but they are difficult to learn from, and even more difficult to document. I prefer to lay each part out on it's own line so I can comment on it and also so it is more readable. If you are new to scripting, I feel this format will be more beneficial to you.

I hope you find this information useful and visit my blog often.

Chris Allen, AKA Gus Gallows

No comments:

Post a Comment